Position Summary / Purpose
Create high levels of customer satisfaction and retain customers by fulfilling the company’s obligations through the efficient delivery of quality restoration services.
Facilitate the timely and profitable delivery of all services required to rapidly return customer’s property to pre-loss condition, minimizing repairs, and downtime following property damage.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively perform all restoration services the company offers – including roof tarping, board-up, mold remediation, water & fire restoration, and infection control and prevention (Note: Compensation levels will reflect the skill level of the Technician their ability to perform and certifications acquired.)
- Maintain an after-hours on-call schedule for all emergency work
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers and other involved parties (ie. Insurance, property managers, tenants, etc.)
- Act as a first-responder for the company, obtain written contracts, and guide the customer through the entire process
- Perform inspections and evaluate projects on initial visit, during, and after completed work
- Assist in training fellow technicians on company procedures, reporting, and performing services
- Complete project daily log and all appropriate restoration documentation
- Update and maintain project files including all diagrams and measurements, photos, and forms
- Perform basic equipment & vehicle maintenance
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain appearance and stock of appropriate tools, materials, and supplies for company vehicles
- Maintain inventory of related supplies & inform department manager of stock & orders needed
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness, organization, and preparedness of equipment and inventory
- Perform basic building maintenance
Decision Rights and Authority
- Determine the sequence of steps to be taken when delivering the company’s services at the customer’s property
- Assign specific tasks to technicians within a work crew
- Schedule service vehicles and technicians
Working Relationships and Scope
- Maintain timely and effective communication and flow of information with Lead Technicians, Supervisors, or Managers
- Works with Estimators to review and oversee job estimates
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly. Shows respect when addressing customers and superiors. Able to effectively respond to excited customers. Adaptable and able to think on his / her feet.
- Written Communication–Writes clear and accurate job notes and emails. The individual is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Planning and Organizing–Plans and organizes work activities considering the nature of the job at hand. Focuses on key priorities. Pays attention to details.
- Technical–Is appropriately trained and / or certified and effectively performs all production work within the restoration division.
- Quality–The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors his / her own work to ensure quality.
- Customer Focus - Responds promptly to customer’s needs. Combines empathy for customer’s situation with time and budget constraints to effectively manage and exceed customer’s expectations.
Qualifications-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education and Experience
High school diploma (or GED).
Adequate math skills. Ability to apply learned techniques to determine appropriate equipment type and number of units.
Demonstrates basic proficiency in the use of computers, email, and portable devices used to report and record daily activity.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Certification in performing appropriate services: Water Mitigation, Mold, etc.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 75 pounds.
- The work of this position is primarily carried out on the customer’s property. Employee will encounter properties where standing water and sewage are present, heat and/or air conditioning is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire or structural damage has occurred, and mold or other microbes and pathogens may exist. Daily exposure to the warehouse where inventory, supplies, equipment, and vehicles are housed and maintained is typical.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high depending on activity
If this is a position you are interested in please use our contact form to submit your information.