Lead Construction Technician
Position Summary / Purpose
Assist in retaining customers by fulfilling the company’s obligations through the timely and effective delivery of our cleaning, repairing, and restoration services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively perform all construction related services the company offers
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Perform basic equipment & vehicle maintenance
- Supervise fellow technicians in performance of company services
- Provide training for technicians on company procedures, reporting, and performing services
- Inspect completed work
- Complete technician’s daily logs (Written or digital as instructed)
- Complete Work Orders
- Complete appropriate restoration documentation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain appearance and stock of appropriate tools, materials, and supplies for company vehicles
- Maintain inventory of related supplies as needed
- Perform basic building maintenance
- Maintain an after-hours on-call schedule for board up’s and other emergency work
Decision Rights and Authority
- Determine the sequence of steps to be taken when delivering the company’s services at the customer’s property
- Assign specific tasks to technicians within a work crew
Working Relationships and Scope
- Maintain timely and effective communication and flow of information with management & customer as needed.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Able to effectively calm excited customers, uses questioning to accurately identify the type and extent of issue, and describes the steps that will be taken. Adaptable and able to think on his / her feet.
- Written Communication–Writes clear and accurate job notes and emails. The individual is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Planning and Organizing–Plans and organizes work activities considering the capabilities and strengths of technicians and laborers. Focuses on key priorities. Effectively manages multiple tasks simultaneously. Pays attention to details.
- Technical–Is appropriately trained and / or certified and effectively performs all production work within the company or assigned division.
- Quality–The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors their own work, as well as that of the other crew members, to ensure quality.
- Technology–Regularly uses standard word processing, spreadsheets, job management software tools, and available hardware to report job activities and create required documentation, including photos of job sites.
Qualifications-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education and Experience
High school diploma (or GED) plus two (2) to four (4) years of industry experience.
Adequate math skills. Ability to compute percentages and to verify the reasonableness of estimates, financial data, and reports within the context of information provided.
Demonstrates basic proficiency in the use of computers and computer software, especially MS Word, Excel, and applicable job management software.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Certification in performing appropriate services: Carpet Maintenance, Water Mitigation, Mold, etc.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 75 pounds.
- The work of this position is primarily carried out on the customer’s property. Employee will encounter properties where standing water and sewage are present, heat and/or air conditioning is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire or structural damage has occurred, and mold or other microbes and pathogens may exist. Daily exposure to the warehouse where inventory, supplies, equipment, and vehicles are housed and maintained is typical.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If this is a position you are interested in please use our contact form to submit your information.