Position Summary / Purpose
Establish contact with individuals and organizations for the purpose of arranging scheduled meetings and developing relationships with decision-makers that will lead to referrals to customers in need of our disaster restoration services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential new customers and referral sources
- Create and maintain sales route records
- Perform route sales calls resulting in scheduled meetings with target referral prospects
- Gain commitment from customers leading to referrals of those in need of restoration services
- Complete sales reports in a timely manner
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Maintain phone AND in-person contact with existing customers
- Maintain customer contact database
- Make group presentations to prospect organizations
- Consistent, effective involvement in trade, community, and networking organizations, and participate in networking activities and events
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of marketing materials
Decision Rights and Authority
- Marketing meal and entertainment spending within approved budget
- Plan sales calls, meetings, and presentations and event participation
Working Relationships and Scope
- Communicate with managers responsible for all company functions to support planning related to capacity and ability to effectively deliver timely quality services to customers
- Active involvement in select trade and community associations, providing access to customer prospects and partnering contractors
- Work closely with Operations management and Project Managers to remain current on active job status and progress in order to keep customers and referral sources updated
- Relationship Development-Effectively builds professional relationships and networks. Brings value to referral sources and prospects and maintains appropriate level of contact.
- Integrity-Ironclad. Does not cut corners. Puts the company’s interests above self. Earns trust of co-workers and customers. Intellectually honest.
- Oral Communication-The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effective in one-on-one and small group situations. Adaptable and able to think on his / her feet.
- Written Communication-Writes clear, precise, well organized letters, proposals, and emails. The individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Planning and Organizing-Plans, organizes, and schedules their time in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Discipline and Follow-up-Demonstrates a disciplined approach to sales. Strong on follow-up and follow-through. Leverages time effectively to obtain the best return on their efforts. Accustomed to working with sales plans and reports.
- Dependability-The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Aggressive-Constantly on the lookout for new contacts and sales opportunities. Studies and applies new sales techniques and technology.
- Technology-The individual uses typical communication devices to effectively speed communication and appropriately utilizes company-approved customer contact management, standard word processing, spreadsheet, and Power Point software tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy of work performed.
Qualifications-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education and Experience
Associate degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred. Two (2) to four (4) years of relationship selling experience.
Understands and effectively applies the concepts of differentiation and adding value. Knows customer markets, the issues and challenges they face, and can translate that information into useful selling strategies. Builds long term relationships that drive increased revenue and demand for services.
Financial Reports and Documents
Understands the concepts and content of financial reports: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow.
Possesses strong math skills. Able to translate information regarding a prospect’s business into estimated revenue potential. Comfortable comparing actual performance to established plan for selling activity and revenue generation.
Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and computer software including enterprise systems (Dash, Insight 360, JPP, e.g.) and MS Office, Word, and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
None required for this position.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work of this position is predominantly carried out in an office environment, the majority of time being spent at customer and prospect’s business locations. Daily travel by car is expected.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
If this is a position you are interested in please use our contact form to submit your information.